Friday, May 21, 2010

Why I Am Okay Calling Myself a Queen... Part 3

Reason Number 1

Reason Number 2

Reason Number 3: Queens create their own image and destiny.

If I know what I want to be, then I can do things to learn how, I can do things to have people see me that way, and I can do things to live it. Here’s what I want to be:

I want to be intelligent. I am… but I try to surround myself with people that challenge me and people that make me think. I read as much as I can, I enjoy the occasional class, I converse often, and I will always take time to do these things,..like, totally.

I want to be classy. Wearing pearls will help. But this includes not only how I present myself physically, it's also in how I act. And when I’m not classy, I want it to be a conscious decision for a reason. Or I will apologize.

I want to be courageous. Being more spontaneous is something I’m working on, and that is part of it. But I also feel to do this I have to be willing to try new things and stand up for myself and other people when I need to. I will not skydive, sorry.


I want to be honest and direct. I will tell you if you have something stuck in your teeth and I will tell you the truth if you ask my opinion. I also am trying to say what I mean more clearly and I have to tell you, it is so much easier and people appreciate it! So I’m going to keep doing that. And if I don’t know the answer, I’m going to be up front about that too.

I want to be full of life. If I can find humor in the world, find passion in my activities and surroundings, have many friends, and appreciate and honor the things around me then I feel I’ve accomplished this. I will dance, but I won't sing. I promise.

I want to be beautiful. This may be shallow, but I am allowed to have many facets and vanity is just going to be one of those, at least right now. I will work out, I will eat well, I will do my nails, get pedicures, lay out, wear make up, wax, laser, wear cute clothes and flirt. Deal with it.

I want to live to be 100. This is about being healthy and treating my body right. It’s also about moderating risk and planning ahead. I guess need to get that rich second husband thing lined up in the next 50 years.

I want to be successful. Typically the goals set for myself involve jobs, money, and travel- still are. Excelling professionally is important to me. Financial stability is important to be. Being well-traveled is important to me. I’m working on all 3 of these.

I want to be well balanced. Work-life. Running-yoga. Healthy-indulgent. Contemplative-light hearted. Red satin dress-jeans. High heels-flip flops.

So there. That is what I hope to be and the image I want to create. This is the royal legacy QueenB hopes to leave behind. And I am asking for your help. If you see other things I need to work on, tell me. If you see me not living up to any of these, tell me. I give you permission. Really.  I'm not a scary drag queen (I'll tell that story in a later blog!)

This was the 3rd piece in the series and I really want your feedback here. Do I make my case about why calling myself a Queen is appropriate? Did I convince you that you are a Queen or Empress or King too? Will you take care of yourself more? Who do you need around you? What legacy do you want to leave behind?


...QueenB Says

1 comment:

  1. You are right on QueenB! We each must be the Queen of our own world and helping us to be the best we can be are those we surround ourselves with. And we do create our own image and destiny.

    No one is looking out for you but you. You are the one who decides what to wear and how to act (image) and you alone create your destiny through the choices you make.

    You have taken what many people think about, (although in a disjointed way), and have pulled it all together. I think we all need to write down why we are the Queen or King of our life. And then live it!

    ReplyDelete